Sunday, September 18, 2016

Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars

Fall. Fall. Fall. Fall. It's one of my favorite times of the year (almost)! Though I love spring and summer because of the heat, I can handle the fall season because of the fun foods. My favorites always include apple, pumpkin or candy corn. For this recipe, I went with an apple theme. 



Although, for this recipe, I wanted to make it a little healthier than most. I adapted this recipe from three others, which is more than usual for me. But, I wanted to make sure this recipe was the healthiest it could be while still remaining subtly sweet and tasty. I used (white) whole wheat flour, whole grain oats, reduced fat cream cheese, and, believe it or not, a largely reduced amount of sugar. This recipe could not really be made sugar-free, but I did try to make it as healthy as possible. Everyone deserved a treat sometimes, right?


I took these bars to a football tailgate, and they were a hit. There were hardly any left! If you love festive fall treats like me, make these Apple Crisp Cheesecake Bars! They are great for gatherings, but if you want this dessert for just a few people, it can easily be halved for an 8x8" or 9x9" pan. Happy (almost) fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment