Friday, September 23, 2016

Cheesecake-Filled Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I'm doing a happy dance, metaphorically and literally, because I just successfully baked one of my favorite recipes! I'm a huge lover of pumpkin, and since yesterday was the first day of fall, I celebrated by making these: Cheesecake-Filled Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. What a name.


Believe it or not, these are health-ified cookies compared to similar recipes. These are made with (white) whole wheat flour, reduced sugar, reduced fat cream cheese and no granulated sugar. Most recipes are made with all-purpose flour and more sugar, but pure maple syrup replaces a portion of the sugar in these, which not only makes them a smidge healthier, but also helps bring out the fall flavors.



These cookies are cake-y, soft, fluffy, flavorful and super moist from the cheesecake filling. Yes, all those adjectives were necessary to accurately describe them. They are perfectly coated in a brown sugar mixture, and they have just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. My personal favorite part is the cream cheese filling, though. It really stands out in these cookies. That being said, my boyfriend doesn't like cream cheese, and he still liked them. I told him I'd make these sometime without the filling so he could really enjoy them. So, that's always an option, too, if you know someone who isn't a fan of cream cheese (why are we friends with people like that again? Just kidding.).  



No comments:

Post a Comment