Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Pumpkin Cobbler Lava Cake

I'm not really sure why I'm celebrating this new spring weather with pumpkin treats, but I'm not complaining one bit. I whipped out the canned pumpkin last week to try a new recipe, pumpkin spice waffles. They were great! But, I had leftover pumpkin, and I couldn't let it go to waste. So, ta-da, Pumpkin Cobbler Lava Cake.


The recipe I adapted this from looked super yummy (of course), but it had so much sugar in it. So, I cut the sugar pretty drastically, incorporated whole wheat flour, and subbed some other ingredients to lighten it up. And I am PUMPED because YOU CAN'T EVEN TELL. AT ALL. I'm not lying! Sometimes I can tell if a recipe has whole wheat flour or reduced sugar because the texture is off. This is not one of those recipes! *happy dance*



This Pumpkin Cobbler Lava Cake is sweet, gooey and unbelievably awesome topped with pecans and whipped cream, not to mention a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream. Besides the taste being spectacular, it's also really simple to make and can be thrown together quickly. The ingredient list may look a tad lengthy, but three of the ingredients are spices, so I promise it's easy!




No comments:

Post a Comment