Sunday, September 18, 2016

Oat & Jam Bars

Does anyone else buy fresh fruit jam at farmer's markets and then have nothing to do with them? This could very possibly be just me, but when I buy fruit jam, whether fresh or from the store, I don't want to eat it on toast. And, I usually don't know what else to do with it.



So, a few weeks ago, I tried a new recipe to use some of the jam I have stored in the fridge. I had apricot, raspberry, strawberry, peach and pear all at once, so I thought I'd have some room for testing... And that's what I did - test some healthy and easy oat and jam bar recipes. 



I have now made these twice, and I love them. They are subtly sweet, hearty and filling. Besides the taste, they are SO EASY to make. You just stir a few things together in a bowl, bake it, top with the remaining ingredients and bake again. The total time is about a half hour, so this is great for a last-minute treat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment