Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Black Bean Almond Butter Brownies

I ran out of sweets in the house earlier this week. Well, really, I ran out of healthy sweets (usually our house is equipped with store-bought unhealthy cookies, but, surprisingly, I'm not exactly into those.) Therefore, I had to try a new recipe! I wanted something chocolate-y, so I came across a recipe for Black Bean Brownies. 



I said in my last post that I love baking with almond butter, and this is still true. It's like magic in baking, I swear. But, the real magic that happens in this recipe is BLACK BEANS... What?! I know, I know, it really does sound gross, I'll agree with you. But the crazy thing is - it's not! I even licked the batter this was so good (actually a little surprised at that). And the brownies do NOT taste like black beans at all. I still can't get over it, honestly. But it's true. It just tastes like dense, chewy, chocolate fudge-iness. 



I know the "black bean" part of this brownie recipe might freak you out, but don't let it. It really does NOT taste like black beans AT ALL. One of the boys I babysit loved these, and he is pretty picky, so I believe that was a success. These brownies are fudge-y, dense, chocolate-y and smooth, and satisfy your sweet tooth without ruining your diet. They are full of fiber, with no refined sugars, flour, egg or dairy. Just one brownie has five grams of protein and four grams of fiber. Give them a shot - I can't wait to make my next batch!



No comments:

Post a Comment